Hello, I'm Gabe Mukobi! I am a software and web developer always looking to hone my skills; a musician who plays guitar, trumpet, French horn, bass, and keys; a teacher of guitar, ukulele, piano, and music theory; an active volunteer seeking to make a difference; and a student at Stanford University. I am committed to doing things the correct, efficient, and elegant way.
Sticks and Stones Software is a software development company founded and run by me. Come to see all of the websites, mobile apps, desktop solutions, and web projects I create!
A website for anything regarding the musical side of me. Here, you can find information about my music (including my first solo album, Anywhere But Here), my career and groups I've played with, lessons with me, and more.
Stanford University - 2018-2022
I am currently a student in Stanford University's Class of 2022 (current Sophomore). My predeclared major is Computer Science in the Artificial Intelligence Track, and I have a cumulative grade point average of 4.018. Some of my specialized courses include:
- CS 106B: Programming Abstractions (C++)
- Math 51: Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, and Modern Applications
- Music 20A: Jazz Theory
CSSI-Coursera Program Participant - 2018
Participated in an online program run by the Google Student Development team and powered by Coursera, including taking an online class in “Java Programming: Principles of Software Design”, technical interview prep, and collaboration with other incoming Computer Science students.
Camas High School - 2014-2018
I attended Camas High School in Camas, WA, from 2014-2018 and graduated in the Class of 2018 with a cumulative unweighted grade point average of 4.0.
Camas MST Magnet - 2014-2018
During high school, I was a member of the Camas High School Math Science Technology Magnet Program, a selective-admissions independent-research-based program focused on exploring math, science, and technology. I conducted research projects to try to find solutions to a diverse set of real-world problems ranging from water purity to carbon dioxide sequestration. I competed with these projects in science competitions like the Washington State Science and Engineering Fair and Imagine Tomorrow.
Activities and Skills
Programming - software.gabrielmukobi.com
- Python - 5 years experience - automation and scripting, general programming
- Java - 3 years experience - JavaFX GUI design and construction, general programming
- C++ - 3 years experience - DirectX game design, general programming
- PHP - 1 year experience - back-end web development, general programming
- Web development - 3 years experience, full-stack development, HTML5 stack, RESTful API design, SQL and relational databases, responsive front-end design, Webpack, Babel
- Version control systems - 3 years experience, git bash, GitHub, GitLab, open source contribution
Music - music.gabrielmukobi.com
I am also an avid musician. I enjoy and participate in all aspects of the musical world, including playing and practicing multiple instruments, singing, songwriting, recording music, mixing and mastering songs, listening to music, and performing live for others’ listening enjoyment.
- Anywhere But Here - solo album released June 2018. Written, recorded, mixed, mastered alone. Free download available and available on all major digital music platforms.
- Guitar - Played electric and acoustic guitar since 2009 and in the Stanford Jazz Combo program 2018-2019, Simply 8 2016-2018, and the Camas High School Jazz One band 2016-2018.
- Trumpet - Played trumpet since 2012 and in the Stanford Jazz Orchestra 2018-2019.
- French horn - Played the french horn since 2012 and in the Camas High School Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Brass Choir, and Wind Ensemble 2014-2018.
- Simply 8 - Played guitar in the the rock band Simply 8 from 2016-2018 - gabrielmukobi.com/Simply8Band
- Other Instruments - Also plays and records keyboards, and electric bass.
- Music Lessons - Has taught lessons for guitar, piano, ukulele, and music theory to a diverse range of students since 2016.
Freelance Web and Software Developer, Sticks and Stones Software - Sept 2017-Present
Software Engineering Intern, Portland State University, Ralf Widenhorn Lab - June 2017-August 2018
Worked as an unpaid intern at the physics lab of Ralf Widenhorn at Portland State University, contributing over 500 hours developing a new high accuracy localized positioning and motion capturing device called Pozyx and implementing it as a learning tool for hands-on college-level physics courses, as an advanced position and motion data collection device for professional athletes, and as a solution for other high precision applications. Scripting and data collection written in Python, GUI in Java with JavaFX.
- Implementing a High Precision Ultra-Wideband Positioning System for Kinematic Education - 2017-2018 (Paper, Poster, Pictures)
- Measuring the Effect of Symbiotic Relationships Between Various Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi and Lactuca sativa on Carbon Dioxide Uptake and Sequestration - 2015-2016 (Paper, Poster, Pictures)
- Implementing Heat Conductive Riffles to Lessen Small Scale Thermal Pollution in Developing Nations - 2015-2016 (Paper, Poster, Designs, Cost Analysis ,)
- The Measured Efficacy of Water Purification by a Graphene Sand Composite Filter - 2014-2015 (Paper, Poster 1, Poster 2)
Kasese Wildlife Conservation Awareness Organization (KWCAO) - September 2016 through Present
Volunteered an average of 4 hours per month analyzing, updating, and drafting alternative designs and layouts to the Kasese Wildlife Conservation Awareness Organization (KWCAO) website, www.kasesewildlife.org
Rise Against Hunger Food Packaging - September 2018
Joined fellow Stanford students in packaging over 60,000 meals to be shipped to schools and families in developing countries.
Camas High School Basketball Camp - Summer 2014, Summer 2015, Summer 2016
Volunteered at this basketball camp over the summer teaching children the basics of basketball and helping them have fun. Worked for Camas High School Basketball under Skyler Gillispie and Ryan Josephson.
- National Merit Scholarship Program finalist and scholarship winner - 2018
- Camas High School Pride Inside Award - Awarded 2017; Nominated 2017, 2016, 2015
- Camas High School Academic Excellence Award - English 2017, Language 2017, Biology 2016, Math 2015
- Camas Mill Town Pride Award - 2017
- College Board National AP Scholar Award - 2018
- College Board AP Scholar With Distinction Award - 2018, 2017
- College Board AP Scholar Award - 2016
- MST Magnet Best of Senior Class Award - Camas High School MST Magnet Spring Research Symposium 2018
- 1st Place, Embedded Systems - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- Intel Excellence in Computer Science Award - SW Washington Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- The AIAA Excellence in Aeronautics Award - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- Mu Alpha Theta National Mathematics Honor Society Award - SW Washington Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- NASA Earth System Science Award - SW Washington Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- U.S. Metric Association Best Use of SI Award - SW Washington Science and Engineering Fair 2018
- 1st Place, Plant Sciences - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2016
- 2nd Place, McKinstry Built Environment Challenge for Technology - Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow 2016
- NASA Earth Systems Science Award - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2016
- 2nd Place, Material Engineering and Bioengineering - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2015
- Stockholm Water Award - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2015
- U.S. Regional Stockholm Junior Water Prize Award - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2015
- Wolfram Mathematica Computational Knowledge Award - Washington State Science and Engineering Fair 2015
- John Philip Sousa Band Award - Camas High School Band 2018
- Always Windy Four Years of Wind Ensemble Award - Camas High School Band 2018
- Jazzy Joe Jazz Guitar Award - Camas High School Band 2018
- Maxine LeFeber Memorial Outstanding Musician Award - 2015